Wednesday, March 4, 2015
USCDornsife ADVISING OFFICE
Dana and David Dornsife
College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
Academic Advising Graduate Assistant MAY 15-MAY16
The Dornsife Advising provides academic advising for undecided/undeclared students, as well as students pursuing a pre-professional emphasis (Pre-Law and Pre-Grad). The Academic Advising Graduate Assistant performs the following duties:
• One-on-One academic advisement for undecided and undeclared student. This includes major and minor exploration, course selection, and review of academic performance.
• Assist advisors with special retention projects (i.e., 3rd & 5th semester audits, NREG contact)
• Maintain the social media and online services offered to the 6,000 students of Domsife College
• Participate in office assessment projects
• Help with pre-orientation planning and advisement during orientation sessions
• Assist with training for the undergraduate and graduate interns
• Help coordinate and facilitate advisement workshops and programming
• Work with pre-professional advisors to aide students in their graduate school application process
• Maintains departmental email account
• Other special projects as assigned
We are looking for a graduate student to serve in our office from approximately Tuesday May
26, 2015 through early May 2016 (date range can be adjusted but must work summer 2015). This position is a paid $15/hour and works in the office 20 hrs./week. Interested students should forward their resume to Lilly Coye Qcoye@usc.edu) no later than Monday, March 23rd.
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California 90089-0151 • Tel: 213 740 2534 • Fax:213 740 3664 • firstname.lastname@example.org • domsife.usc.edu/advi sement
Dana and David Dornsife
College of Letters,Arts and Sciences
Summer 2015 FIELDWORK OPPORTUNITY
Where: USC Domsife Office of College Advising Date Range: May 26th - to August 21st **
The Domsife Advising Office provides academic advising for undecided/undeclared students, as well as students pursuing a pre professional emphasis (Pre-Law and Pre-Grad). This summer we are looking for 2 PASA or HEC student who are interested in academic advising, assessment, and are knowledgeable in social media outlets. Students who intern in our office will get the following experience:
• Hands on advising experience
• Orientation experience
• Indepth mentoring and training by our staff
• The opportunity to contribute to and participate in fall planning
Interested students should forward their resume and cover letter to Lilly Coye (email@example.com) no later than Monday, March 23.
** Date range can be adjusted. Students looking to complete 1-2 or more units of fieldwork are preferred.